☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Avatar-ed
11 January, 2010

PIXEL BUG Weekend 007
I think I'm getting good at not being sad. This is Weekend #5 without D.
I had a fun and quite an adventurous weekend, thanks to AVATAR. The original plan was to watch it last Saturday with my friend, Billy, in Alabang Town Center. Poor Billy rushed to Town right after his class to get tickets for the 8.30PM screening, but ended up not getting anything. THAT + knowing that tickets were also sold out in IMAX + the next available screening would be on Tuesday, I gave up on Avatar.

.. or so I thought.Ü
I have the sweetest couple friends who adopted me for the weekend & we had our little adventure just to see Avatar. They've been to several cinemas, hoping to get tickets. They weren't lucky, until we got to Alabang Town Center (again). At 2PM, we were buying tickets for the 4.45PM screening ─ fate must be trying to make a play on us. Guess what? Tickets were also sold out. Obviously, we didn't have a choice, but to get the last seats in the super front row available for the 8.30PM screening. Gotta make the most of what you have.Ü

Avatar-ed

Another thing that made my weekend was seeing the replica of Big Blue Whale. It was a pleasant surprise. I don't mean to sound like a geek, but I am very happy that National Geographic brought it here ─ all the way from Australia. I've watched the episode where they showed how it was made, amazing! If you're from the South, the Big Blue Whale is going to be in Alabang Town Center until January 17. I think I'll be back in Town this week to take a look at it again. There were just sooo many people in the mall that I wasn't able to have my "moment" with the Big Blue Whale.Ö Boo.

--
If you want to play with us, you guys can join PIXEL BUG WEEKEND.
Please visit this site: www.pixelbug.sassymomslife.com

Photography is the best way to relive
happy memories and sweet moments. This is life as I see it ... → www.pixelbug.sassymomslife.com

Bookmark and Share

22 Comments:

Roanne said...

OMGosh, I also watched Avatar last weekend.

Super ganda no! Also, James Horner's also the composer, who also did the stint in Titanic. Score palang, you'll have a clue na it's him :P Parang Titanic kasi.

I won't drop any spoilers na for those who haven't watched yet, but it's a must-see movie of the year. I, myself, want to watch it again.

Pansin ko it's really a cult masterpiece when the 2 James (Cameron and Horner) are working together. :)

R. said...

Where'd you watch?
I was surprised that I liked it. I felt like I was watching Braveheart and LOTR in 3D .. good vibes!

joei ♥ said...

finally! ;)
and you got your widgetbox working, too! hope i can keep my 365 promise!

Anonymous said...

I havent seen Avatar yet, but we're planning to watch it this weekend. Odd is pretty determined to see it.

Roanne said...

Eastwood. I don't know if I got a dose of "happy pills" effect (bec. I watched right after my yoga class), but I found the story really nice. :P

Axel said...

Thats good, the best thing to do in times like this is to make yourself busy and surrounded by your friends...

Vea said...

Yay! Glad you had a good weekend too. Astig ng Avatar noh? James Cameron is a genius!

jbcalimon said...

I never got the chance to watch Avatar. Sayang. I heard of the project 365. I wanna do it kaso anong petsa na. I love the pic. Nice one.

R. said...

JOEI.
Naloka ako sa Widget Box na yan kanina, it's done now ─ photos na lang.Ü

CHARLES.
Great! I think you and Odd will like it, you especially because you do graphics and designs.

R. said...

ROANNE.
Yeah, I found the story nice too despite negative reactions from some people. I thought it had a lot of heart in it.Ü

AXEL.
Yup, it helps ─ big time!

R. said...

VEA.
Naku, I want to make the most out of my weekends even if D isn't here.Ö

BABY BOY.
I hope you can do it. There's no rule naman that says you can't do if you weren't able to start on Jan 1. Lemme know if you're doing Project 365 :)

Axel said...

sure it will, i know the feeling... hehehe...

jassy said...

ganda ng avatar 'no?=)

R. said...

JASSY.
Super! It was worth all the long lines, failed attempts, and hours of waiting :)

Ricademus said...

You inspired a post for me!

Also, that basket reminds me of my mom's laundry basket. I used to crawl under it and pretend I was a turtle. Or I'd pretend it was a boat and I'd slide around the house in it. I know, weird kid!!! =)

Clarissa said...

I'm planning to buy the Avatar DVD pag out na--mahirap manood ng movie pag kasama kids ko.I find the movie interesting!Glad to hear that you enjoyed the weekend!^_^

re:san is more polite when addressing to a person,chan is used when reffering to kids,young children or close friends.

R. said...

RICADEMUS.
You did? Hahaha! I'll take a look at it. Moms have a lot of unnecessary stuff at home.

CLARISSA.
Good idea, I will also get an original DVD of Avatar. It's worth getting an original copy.Ü

Jen 김전제 said...

Naku, I must be the only person in Manila who hasn't seen avatar :p IT was sweet of your friends from the North to venture to the South so you can all watch Avatar. I wanted to try Project 365 but the oc-oc in me doesn't want to start na coz it's already the 12th. Haha!

R. said...

It's never too late Jennie.Ü
I started on the 11th because of my OC-ness too. I decided I wanted to do Project 365 was on Day 7, but delayed for some more days. Hehe. You can start on the 21st or in February. Okay yan!

R. said...

And if it's any consolation to you, I have two friends who haven't seen Avatar too :)

Ivy said...

turuan mo ako ng mala-comic strip na yan!!! i want!!! haha:)

jak said...

I've just watched Avatar yesterdayy...:D

i was late about 20 minutes...so i dont know the beginning =(

Post a Comment