☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Formspring.Me
21 January, 2010

What was your favorite book as a child?
I really loved Disney's The Little Mermaid. It was this hard-bound, illustrated book that my Dad gave me. I have always wanted to be a mermaid and Ariel was my favorite Disney princess at that time.

Ask me anything.Ü
CLICK here.

☮.♥.☆

Bookmark and Share

25 Comments:

MgaEpal.com said...

They should do "Baywatch" again. Mic "old" casts with new "fresh" ones.

Oh yeah, and make 'em run in slow motion again! (just the girls!!!)

D.L. Verzosa said...

hmmm... my favorite pocketbook when i was a child was THE BABYSITTER's CLUB, MARY ANN MEETS LOGAN, because it was the first one i was able to finish reading..

jak said...

Definitely Dragon Ball!!

I still remember i was laughing and rolling on floor coz i got the new series of it LOL

Unknown said...

I didn't enjoy reading when I was small. My playmates and I used to tear my books and make them into paper boats, sometimes kites! Playing in the streets (and watching TV) was way more fun.

Yani ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶◙ said...

I was such a book worm when I was a little kid. I used to love Sweet Valley and The Babysitter's Club.

Yeah, I have to agree with Ariel. She is one of my favorites too!♥

Olivia Liem said...

geez, I cannot remember what's the title, but I remember I really loved a series of books telling stories about 4 or 5 little girls, from Victorian era, playing dolls, running in the garden, and having tea..Now I feel like finding them again..

Olivia Liem said...

Oh, and Russ, thanks for the sweetest comment ever on my last post :) So happy having someone to share all this happiness :)

R. said...

MGA EPAL.
OMG! Yes! The girls were always running slow-mo. I read somewhere that they're making Baywatch THE MOVIE.

AILEE.
Yeah, I remember The Babysitter's Club. What's Mary Ann Meets Logan?

R. said...

JAK.
That is sooo boy-ie.
A lot of the guys really enjoyed that :)

RICO.
Are you serious?? Hahaa! Poor books, but they might not have cost that much then. Funny how I never learned how to make a paper boat. Boo!

R. said...

YANI.
I was sooo young when I had that book, but I was so happy also and I remember wanting my friends to go to my house because I knew they'd want the hard-bound, heavy Little Mermaid Book from Disney. Haha!

I started reading Sweet Valley Teens (or Kids, can't really remember) when I was in sixth grade ─ got bored and immediately read Sweet Valley High, which I practically completed til SVU!

R. said...

OLIVE.
I am sincerely HAPPY for you. It is every girl's dream, or most girls dream of getting engaged and then married. And it might take a lot of magic and divine intervention for a person to know that he or she wants to spend his or her lifetime with this other person, soooo I admire you for that.Ü

FJ (폐징) said...

Haha...Rapunzel. XD I was hoping that I can have a long long hair like her...LOL...But Ariel's my favourite too. :)

Joemill said...

My favorite back then was Grolier's book of nursery rhymes and children's poetry. :)

Yep, I remember a bit of Baywatch and how I could not appreciate the show. I was young you know. :)

krissy ♥ said...

Wow, I'm also about to post about my favorite Disney princess :D

Anonymous said...

Dragon Ball Z and any books that has Dinosaur illustrations on it.

damn. I hate myself. hahhaa

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Roald Doll books were my fave!

Yani ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶◙ said...

hahaha! me too! sweet valley kids then twins then high and then university! hahaha! i even read the books about the unicorn club! hahaha! one thing common about these books is the introduction of how identical jessica and elizabeth are physical wise but the complete solar opposite when it comes to personalities! hehehe! i even remember being a liz-todd fanatic too! LOL!

joei ♥ said...

hi russ! started following you on formspring. i have one also. here's mine :)

Clarissa said...

Pareho kayo ni Wakaba--she loves Ariel,too!!When we went to DisneyResort,hinde pwedeng di kami pumila sa live entertainment show at Ariel's playground.

Will be my last visit muna coz we'll be leaving tommorow--uwi muna kami sa Pinas,be back 2nd week of Feb.Missing you already,Russ!Hugs!!^_^

Ricademus said...

My parents had a really old book of children's nursery rhymes, poems, legends, tall tales, etc. I remember taking it out and reading it often before I started school--I think it's the book my older sisters used to teach me to read. They liked playing teacher.

Whenever I was sick and had to stay in bed, I read the Wizard of Oz. I liked the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings.

After I discovered girls I didn't read as much.

R. said...

FJ.
Rapunzel is such a classic, but I can't remember how the story ended. It would have been better if Disney made a movie out of it.

JOEMILL.
I also didn't appreciate Baywatch much, but we didn't have cable then and I'd watch anything that wasn't a variety show. If I am not mistaken, these years were the glory days of Vilma Santos and Alma Moreno.

R. said...

KRISSY.
Will wait for your Disney princess post. I'm sure most girls will be able to relate to it.

YANI.
YES! I remember that. Francine Pascal might have done that on purpose. I could only think that she wanted readers to be able to get what the entire Sweet Valley Series is about even if you weren't able to read the first books.

R. said...

JOEI.
Thanks. Do you know how discreet Formspring is? You won't know who's following you unless the person tells you. Cool!

CLARISSA.
Weeee! So that's why you have all those bags packed. Are your girls going to be with you? Have fun in MNL.

RICADEMUS.
I bet you wished you discovered girls earlier. LOL!

Sher said...

Oh I have too many favourite books as a child! I love the Anne of Green Gables series and I also devour any Enid Blython books!

Ariel's my fave princess along with Belle:)

Oh, I think it took me about 3 hours to perm my hair lol! It's a tiring process:P

jbcalimon said...

I used to read Archie comics since my sister have them. I don't have a book that I really liked when I was a kid since I don't like reading then. =)

Post a Comment