☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Food Journal On-The-Go
12 January, 2010

10 months ago,
I started on my weight-loss journey, which kind of evolved to a gradual lifestyle-change. Those of you who have been with me for the last 10 months witnessed how things got better ─ healthwise. Most of you also know that I encourage real world friends and blog friends to exercise & be healthy eaters.Ü

When friends ask me about losing weight, one thing that I always tell them, is to keep a FOOD JOURNAL. You can make your own or sign up for an online FJ; the ones I've tried are My Fitness Pal and Fitday. It really helps if you track what you eat & drink, so you DO NOT OVEREAT and you DO NOT SKIP MEALS.

Keeping a Food Journal helped me a lot when I was starting to get back into shape. Unfortunately, I stopped keeping one 3 months ago because I couldn't be online all the time. Since I still have 4 pounds to lose, the hardest & most stubborn 4 vanity pounds and getting back into groove after the holidays isn't easy, I thought that it would be a good idea to have a Food Journal again. This time I'm using a very convenient PRINT-ABLE. So if you're trying to lose weight ─ I suggest you save this one ... or do whatever suits you because it's going to make you a better person in the long run.

Thank You Project Girl :)
CLICK: Your Food Journal.

I also suggest that you know find out what your BMR (Basic Metabolic Rate) is; it would tell you how much calories you need to maintain, lose, or gain weight. Compute for your BMR here.

☮.♥.☆

Bookmark and Share

19 Comments:

joei ♥ said...

from BMR: If you've noticed that every year, it becomes harder to eat whatever you want and stay slim, you've also learnt that your BMR decreases as you age.

TRUE! i think this should be #1 in my to-do list soon. was so used to my metabolism before that i'm still eating like a 16-year old :D

R. said...

JOEI.
That's one reason why, as we "age", regular exercise is even more important. Hindi na puede na kain carps. Hehe.

The girl with the flour in her hair.
My Mom says it's more difficult when you have little kids. They have a tendency to not finish their meals, and you as a Mom would feel bad that a lot of food goes to waste so even if you want to watch what you eat, most of the time, you don't want to waste food so you finish the unfinished meals of your kids. You do that? Or that may be a Filipino thing.Ö Not sure :)

applePIE. said...

I never ever reach my target weight because everytime I lose a few pounds, I think "wow, it wasn't that hard. I guess I can spoil myself with some food. I can just lose it again later." So my weight always yo-yo's but never reaches what I want! So congrats on being able to stay disciplined, and good luck with the last 4 lbs. The last few are always the hardest!

R. said...

I think I really don't have a choice, it was a decision that really had to be made. My Thyroid Condition is a major factor for this lifestyle change.

JAY said...

That's such a great idea! My eating schedule is all over the place which is usually why I gain weight. /:
Btw, award for youuu. :) Check the post.

Sher said...

You're a girl who really knows how to take care of her health! Which is great! I wish I'm more like you, I have been eating lots of seafood these past few days plus all the over indulgence from Christmas and New year must be so bad for me lol:P

xx

Tina said...

This post is really helpful. I am also trying to lose weight. All the comments are also very true. As a mother, you dont want to throw the leftovers so you ended up eating them. I also have a thyroid problem. So a lot of issues to settle prior to really concentrating on it. But at least, I am starting to do exercise. Its a start.. good luck to me!

Ricademus said...

You've done a great job russ! =)

R. said...

JAY KV.
Thank youu!Ü I've already checked and I'll work on my confessions. Hahaa! Hopefully I get it done by this week.

SHER.
Seafood is good for you. It's low in calories and carbs, just make sure it isn't fried :)

R. said...

VIVAPINAY.
Goodluck dear!
That's true, thyroid levels should be normalized + together with your metabolism before doing anything otherwise. All the best.Ü

RICADEMUS.
Thank youuu so much!
Can't slack off now. More hard work is needed for the last 4 stubborn pounds.Ö

Roanne said...

The only problem I face today is that I "overdrink". :P

R. said...

I'm also guilty of that!Ü
As long as you don't drink every day, that should be fine.

dyosa said...

Also my 2010 goal- to get rid of my oh-so-many unwanted fats! It's particularly challenging since I love food and I write about it. But I've to do what I have to do for my health's sake.

Toothfairy said...

I should pay more attention to my body health too, not in losing weight, but more like eating better, healthier, drinking more water, hit the gym!

loves

Clarissa said...

I have heard of that food journal for dieting here in Japan,some says it works din kasi mamo-monitor mo ang food intake mo at calorie count.

I have lost two kilo last few months,bumalik naman nung holiday(T_T)

kg said...

yay! congrats on becoming healthier!!! ako, as much as i can, i bring baon to work para i know what goes into my body. minsan kasi when we eat out di tayo sure how the food's made, what goes into it, etc.

here's to a healthier us!!!

R. said...

DYOSA.
I think you can enjoy food and still write about it, share your food.Ü Just a suggestion. Goodluck dear.

TOOTHFAIRY.
You go girl. You do look fine in your photos, but yeah, eating better + healthier, drinking more water, and going to the gym will make your body "happier" :)

R. said...

KG.
That's a good point. Bringing baon also helps you avoid over-eating.Ü Cheers to healthier bodies.

ANONYMOUS.
I appreciate hearing from you and always visiting my blog, thank youu!

Ricademus said...

Ugh! I tried a little debbie lemon pie today for the first time and I LOVED it! It was only 75 cents. I'm going to need a bigger belt!!! =)

Post a Comment