☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈
14 January, 2010


First impressions do not count! People are nervous, anxious, maybe jaded on a first date. → I don't know who said this :)
My VERY first date was the pa-tweetums type. I was 12, the guy was 13 ... let's call him AB. It was a double-date with my best friend, B and a batchmate of AB. Let's call him C. The four of us watched ISKO Adventures in Animasia (starring Ogie Alcasid & Michelle Van Eimeren) in Alabang Town Center; this was Circa 1995! Soo many memories in a mall called Alabang Town Center.

Since we're not even in our teens then, B and I weren't allowed to go out on dates yet. I can't even remember if group dates were okay. Yay! That was a loooong time ago. We had to sneak out of our houses and tell our mothers that we were having a girls-day-out, which we really did ─ except that there were other things planned that day. Sneaky huh? We met the two boys in the mall and that's it.

It wasn't the uber romantic ones with flowers, violins, candle-lit dinners, etc. I mean, what do you expect from 13-year old BOYS? At that time, teenagers weren't as aggressive as teens these days. However, at that time, I distinctly remember how good it felt: giddy with a smile pasted on your face + butterflies in your stomach. It was something you'd want to write about in your diary.

First Dates
are
a.w.k.w.a.r.d.

───
Girls Talk is a weekly Thursday meme. If you want to play with us, topics are posted in Niko Ganda's blog.

☮.♥.☆

Bookmark and Share

21 Comments:

JAY said...

Haha, I have a few more hours before the 14th over here to post. :p

Holy coww, that's how mines was, but not gonna tell until tomorrow. :x

I love that picture!

Olivia Liem said...

haha, that's so sweet and cute.. And I should say your first date was really early..I remembered my firs date was when I was 16 or something, with a classmate who then became my first boyfriend..awkward indeed, but something worth to remember..I can still remember the butterflies and all :)

Btw Russ, thx for the sweetest comment on my post..glad to be back sweetie :)

anne said...

wow naman so cute, hehehe wahh your post mark a smile on my face, dear diary I just had my first date today heheheh mine is up and its here http://www.mjoannafaith.com/2010/01/gt-first-date.html thanks

Ricademus said...

Sweet! I was thinking about first dates today--parents rarely know they are happening.

Miles Montecillo said...

How cute! That's true. Oh those innocent days ;) Miss you Russ! Can we get together soon?

rossel said...

that's cute. agree with you. teenagers today are so agressive. they are kissing and embracing even in public. thanks for dropping by.

joei ♥ said...

oh gosh. hahaha! it's girl talk time na pala. but i can't remember where my first date was! :))

R. said...

JAY KV.
Hahaa! You had a similar first date thingie? I'll wait for that. :)

OLIVE.
Aww, I think that's sweet.
You're welcome dear. I was laughing at myself when I left that comment and then right after a few hours, you were back! LOL.

R. said...

ANNE.
A first date is always worth to be an entry in any girl's diary :)

RICADEMUS.
LOL! Yeah, Mother doesn't know until now but it's something that I wouldn't dare tell her at that time.

MILES.
Hahaa! Super walang kamuwang-muwang days .. mga totoy at nene pa! • One of these weekends when you're not busy working.

R. said...

ROSSEL.
Mapusok daw ang mga kabataan ngayon. Hehe. Yes, I agree. The stuff that I thought was wild before, it won't even come at par with what's wild now. Thanks for dropping by too :)

JOEI.
Ahahaa! Baka sobrang nene mo pa nun. This one talaga, there's no way I'd forget it because it's one of those genuine, authentic kilig, pang Sweet Valley moment.Ü Uy go, join na Girls Talk.

Random WAHM Thoughts said...

i bet they are, especially early on. ako kasi college na and mejo friend ko pa yun kaya wala na yung awkwardness masyado. hihi. great to read your entry! :)

Btw, mine's here.

Ivy said...

parang kilala namin si AB? haha:) anyhoo, yes... FIRST dates are awkward!!! parang super cautious and conscious sa lahat. phew!

nuts said...

that must be full of laughter and smiles.. and you were 12,13's.. :)

Beth said...

wow, ang aga ng first date mo! bka nag-jajack and stone pa ko nung age kong yan! hehehe. pero you are right, first date is awkward tlaga...

R. said...

IVY.
Hahahaa! Sya yun, wala na kayong ibang kilala na AB. Hehe.

Toothfairy said...

it doesn't sound awkward, it sounds cute!! and sweet...

quite young though.. :P

loves

Lucia ♡ said...

Double date? Really??? hahaha :D How sweet <3 I never had one! Is it a good or a bad feeling to be on a double date? Especially when it is being the first date with that person too.

You sneaky lil Russ :))
I guess many girls went on dates saying they were hanging out with their girlfriends to the parents :)

R. said...

DAWN.
It's either you're too young or the guy wasn't that important. LOL.

TOOTHFAIRY.
I agree it's cute :)
I wouldn't want to count it as a date, but I think it counts as a date. Right?Ö

R. said...

LUCIA.
At that time, it felt okay. If it were just me, I'd feel super guilty. But having my friend with me doesn't make it look that bad. :D

Anonymous said...

After reading this, I can't help but think that kids these days are sooo different. Maybe here lang. But they look/act/talk waaayy to "mature" for their age. Wonder if they'll ever look back when they're our age and wish they hadn't "grown up" too soon and enjoyed these cute, awkward moments while they still could. Oh, and ATC: it's like a second home. Haha!

niko said...

aw. see what teenagers would do just to sneak out and watch movie.. :)

your first date seems fine - i didn't think of asking my first date for a movie, since i was the one who asked out i wll be the paying right?? that's so awkward :D lol - but i will really feel guilty to mommy :D maybe you have confessed about this already to your mom and you will both laugh :D

thanks for always joining GT! see you next week girl..

Niko's Blog
Yena's World
Lover's Mushroom
Girls Rule
Trendy and Heartily Yours

Post a Comment