Shared simple pleasures – these are the stories fondly recalled. It is never a business merger or the long work hours + days away from family & friends. It's the late night starry sky sitting by the beach. It's the long car rides with good friends. It's the bottle of booze or a bottle of soda and two paper cups to drink from.
It's the hilarity of a late nights working, or an ongoing joke shared every time you meet. It's the stories around the past, bloopers, and even more bloopers. It's the celebrated birthdays, or the surprises brought forward by a beautiful afternoon of chips and chocolates. Taking your time in the shower, not being rushed dressing up, your stuff being carried, leisurely lazy strolls, impromptu cuddling, good morning text messages, compliments from your trainer, or thoughtful tweets from friends to read everyday.
Shared simple pleasures are nestled in the milestones of our lives.
Do you remember-s
What about the time-s
One of my favorite memories-s
Such fun, wasn't it-s
I'll never forget.-s
Their meaning tap into the richness of our friendships, relationships, and our connections with one another. The best thing about these, none of em’s ever found in resumes. Spend time with your family. Bond with friends. Don't bring your work at home. Watch a good movie. Have a good weekend everyone.
10 October, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 Comments:
I fully agree!! Let's throw up the bad feeling and just enjoy the day with full of enthusiasm. I believe when our friends or families see us with full of enthusiasm, they will be get influenced (or persuaded) to do the same too =)
ps: Have u gotten the job u want? have a NICEEE weekend Russ =)
This is one wonderfully touching and eye-opening post Russ..Sometimes we forget about those "little" things that actually make our lives worth living, especially amidst our busy activities and routines..Thanks for sharing :)
I love unemployment. =D And being in your late twenties WHILE being jobless. Hahaha! Cheers!
JAK.
I'm still very much a BUM. And I'm not complaining. When I'm back working, I'm sure I'll be energized and super recharged.
OLIVE.
Life is too short to be always running.Ü
BENNY.
"I love unemployment. =D And being in your late twenties WHILE being jobless. Hahaha! Cheers!" ─ AMEN. Cheers. As I said, I'm unemployed, but I am not complaining. I am still blessed. I don't feel that useless. This my extended ME time. Hehe.
one thing we never fail to do when i'm with my friends is reminisce about the good times. and there were alot. that's our simple pleasure. and we can do that for hours and hours and not get sick of hearing the same old stories everytime.
have a good weekend!!!
That's why we should always make fun and nice memories.Ü Masaya pag magagandang bagay ang napapag-usapan at kung magagandang bagay din ang naaalala ng mga tao tungkol sa yo :D
damn i agree.. i dont care of i end up with an eighteen hour shift as long as im done with work.. coz the moment i get home, all i want is to rest and enjoy the simple pleasures life has to offer.. funny how the simplest and the little things could end up giving the greatest fulfillment.. =)
Agreed. As the old story goes, "Nobody, lying on their deathbed, has ever said they wished they had spent more time at the office."
While it is important to remember the good times and not to dwell on the times we feel alone, it is also important not to mythologize those memories and hav ethem become something that never was.
I like this post of yours <3
It is the little things we do that make our lives so special :)
I fully agree!!We sometimes forget about lil things that can make us happy!For a Mom like me,waking up early in the morning preparing lunch packs for my kids and husband everyday,there's always a time for me and I couldn't be more thankful for is drinking a bottle of beer on a Friday night!
Thanks for sharing,Russ!!^_^
Post a Comment