☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Russ Goes Ice Skating
14 April, 2009

I mentioned in one of my entries that I went  ICE SKATING -- that was my first time to experience it. Ibang klase, it's addicting!Ü My friends and I went Ice Skating in SM Mall of Asia.

It was so so much fun! I heard from someone that it's just like rollerblading.. the only difference is that you're on ice. TOTALLY WRONG! Ice Skating is rather complicated and more difficult, despite the comparison made to rollerblading. Sure, I know how to balance, but once you're on ice, it feels so much different -- or scary. That's because I didn't want to fall -- I'm so smart, I wore shorts. If you know me, you'll understand that I don't want to get a wound or a cut. I don't mind falling on my butt, but I'm not sure if I'd "fall right".

Anyways, I am not sure if you could say that rate is cheap because I have not tried Ice Skating else where. I didn't think that a lot of people would be there because it was a weekday. I was wrong. There sure was many kids inside the rink! And this wasn't quite good for me, since I hadn't been on a pair of rollerblades since sixth grade -- I was 12 then.

MOA Club Goes Ice SkatingMOA Club tries Ice Skating

At first my knees were wobbly and I was holding on & skating by the edge of the rink. D was giving me a crash course in Ice Skating. I just had a tough time bending a bit because I'm used to having my back straight, so I was there with an odd combination of walking and sliding. BUT I badly wanted to get the feel of it so I tried and tried and tried. I sort of got the hang of it, got myself to skate in center of the rink and I can proudly say that after skating for almost an hour, I never fell on my arse. Cheers!Ü Yes, that is my crowning super achievement for the day and for the whole experience. But of course, even if I did, I still would have a great time.

As I had the confidence to skate away from the edge, arms wide and knees bent, I realized what a tough job these figure skaters and ice hockey players are doing. They are soooooo good! Yes, that is my crowning achievement of the whole experience. But you know, even if I did, I still would have had a great time.

The people watching were great. What made it better was that even if I knew that I totally looked like an idiot the first 20 something minutes, I never thought about what the "audience" would be thinking. The only bummer thing for me was that the shoes were stinky. Seriously, the management of the SM Ice Skating Rink should do something about this. It's unhygienic and people just do not have a better choice. So you know, even though I looked funny inside the rink and despite my disappointment with the skating shoes that were being rented to the paying public, I would totally go and do it again!Ü Although I still hope I won't go crashing. And next time I do it again, I will make sure that I am not in shorts for that extra boost of confidence + I will be wearing longer and thicker socks that I could throw away after Ice Skating.

---
SM Ice Skating Rink
Ground Floor, Main Bldg, SM Mall of Asia, Bay Blvd.,
SM Central Business Park, Pasay City
T | (632) 556.0470 & 556.0471
F | (632) 556.0469

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Carrie said...

fun naman nito. happy days....yeah!

R. said...

ATE CARRIEYou should've seen us -- nakakahiya!Ü The kids who were ice skating were so so so much better than us. We have a video, I'll try to upload it somewhere so you could watch it.

Ivy said...

wow!!! balik bata kayo ah! good times...

[vayie] said...

That would be a problem for me because I don't even know how to rollerblade! But then again, I've always been the one who's up for new things. I'd try that one of these days. Goodluck to me.

R. said...

IVY.
Mas masaya sya now :)

VAYIE.
Seems to me that you love adventures. Go try Ice Skating.. Solid!

Post a Comment