☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈: Addictus To Summer
09 April, 2009

I am not sure what it is, but every single day, the more I love summer.
Everything seems so much brighter, fresher, deeper, and more intense. I love the sky in summer. When the sky is blue, it is just intense. When it is usually gray on days that we get unexpected rains, it is magnificently malevolent. The sunset explodes in many splendored colors, soaking the edges of the clouds, tipping building with jewel-esque tones.

I feel more alive during summer.
Everyone is especially alive during this time of the year.

I love those crisp days, where the sky is blue and the sun just feels warm on your face for the few seconds where the wind isn’t slicing the end of your nose off. I love getting up every morning and welcoming the golden light into my bedroom window. I love the smell of summer during roadtrips. I love that summer makes me want to listen to happy songs. Upbeat but contemplative at times – underneath… barely restrained creativity, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to break free.

Summer Time
Summer inspires me and it makes me happy. More than anything, I find hope in summer. I’m not quite sure if I can really explain why, but it’s this way that trees and mountains appear to be during this season. They’re not in their typical green color – even as they die back, they still have so much left to give. It is that glorious effort that makes me feel that change isn’t really a bad thing. It isn't always for the worse.

---

  • No Day 20 Entry. BUT I need to confess that today's been cheat day. D and I agreed to it. Though we did not have meat and everything that we ate was healthy, I'm not too happy with it because we HAD to eat pasta.

  • What did you guys do on Holy Thursday? Did you go out? I just have to share.... It took us FOUR HOURS from Alabang to Tagaytay! It was my longest Tagaytay trip. Traffic was terrible.
  • Bookmark and Share

    1 Comments:

    pinay in dutchland said...

    whenever i read a blog post about summer in the philippines, i wonder why i am in cold gray holland. i miss it so much.

    Post a Comment